Thursday 14 June 2007

Eco Friendly

Early morning sex, which is a rare treat with L's early morning walks, and I still manage to catch the bus. Although the traffic is quite heavy and I’m a little late for work.

L's been checking out the men at the gym again. She’s been eyeing up some chap in a posh trench coat and a trilby. Apparently he does his workout in his trilby and sings along to all the songs. L says she hopes she looks that good when she's 70. Of course she’s only guessing his age, he could be a rough-looking 40 year but she should be able to spot one of those as she lives with me.

Apparently the town council in Louisiana have passed a law classifying low-slung trousers as obscene and thereby banning the wearing of them. A fine of 500 dollars or six months in jail awaits anyone caught revealing their underwear. And a good thing too. It doesn't say what happens if the wearer is not sporting any underwear which seems to be the current trend around here.

The new football fixtures are out. Premier League fixtures for us of course and quite an easy start. So basically if we cock that up and are not in the Champions League positions after the first four games, then we’re stuffed. Outside the Premier League, the Clash of the Titans is third game up. Forest v Leeds. Will look forward to that one.

Unfortunately the days when I could go down to somewhere like Bournemouth on the spur of the moment, stay the weekend, have a pint in sight of the ground, pay a few quid to get in on the gate, stand behind the goal, and watch two teams kick lumps out of each other etc etc are gone.

Now if I wish to go to Chelsea I’d have to book six months in advance, pay £80 and suffer vertigo from my seat two miles above the pitch, pay £5 to be poisoned by crap beer, I couldn’t possibly afford to stay over, all to watch fancy foreigners preening themselves and topping up their pensions demolishing my team. How sad, I’m jealous of Leeds.

No pub today, we have temporarily given up on the traffic, might try again next week.

Son brings home his yearbook from school, to commemorate him leaving. I’m slightly surprised to see it because I half expected it to go AWOL but I'm wrong. Very good it is too. Easily the most inventive thing to come out of the school in the five years he's been there, in fact it's probably the only inventive thing to come out of the school those five years.

Squash. My opponent says that he ran 3k on Monday and is also tired out from work, so he reckons I'll beat him easily. Hmmm I ran 7K last night and did 23K on the bike. So who’s the most knackered? Seems it was him, as everything goes my way and his mood deteriorates game by game, as I win all of the first five. After which I suggest we call it a night. He was appalled at such a suggestion and suddenly woke up to win the last two. Oddly I enjoyed these two games more than the previous five and I really should have won the first of them. However 5-2, got to be pleased with that, demoralised opponent or not.

L texts to say she’s done salmon curry but would I like an eco friendly bath first. This relates to some environmentally friendly stuff she’s been reading somewhere. I tell her it sounds great and enquires whether that comes with an eco friendly orgasm because L usually offers up sexual favours for a squash win. L doesn't pass comment on my enquiry but says it was the quickest response to a text message I’d ever made. I have a pale ale from the Cottage Brewery in the pub and then rush to celebrate my win in eco friendly style, and with wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment