Tuesday 20 November 2007

Whoops, Where Did I Put That Computer Disk

On my bike today and I'm trying out a new ‘sports drink’, well I've put caramel syrup in my hot coffee, I’m sure it’ll be disgusting but I thought it was worth a go. Unfortunately the weather isn't really cold enough to warrant it but I suppose you can't have everything. It was better than just coffee but it still tasted of plastic thanks to my drinks bottle. Caramel flavoured plastic with a hit of coffee, yum yum, Costa Coffee will be beating my door down for the recipe. L reckons a splash of rum would be far better. I’m sure it would be but I'm not sure she'd be sending me on my way with her usual words of 'have a safe cycle' if I did.

Cracking stuff from our Government. It's absolutely hilarious or it would be if it wasn't so serious. HM Revenue and Customs have lost two DVD computer discs containing the entire child benefit records. This includes the names, addresses, dates of birth, National Insurance numbers, and bank account details of 25 million people. Whoops. They were sent out in the internal mail from Newcastle but never arrived in London. They've not said if the Royal Mail were involved but if they were, then everyone can breathe a sign of relief because the disks will never be found.

Rain is forecast from around 11am but it doesn't arrive until around 3pm. By the time I cycle home it's getting quite heavy. Well at least I get chance to try out my new rubber booties. One thing I find out is that they don't work well with my thermal socks. I get seriously hot feet and get home to find that my shoes are wetter on the inside than on the outside. Ugh.

I don't take Doggo out for our planned run, partly because I don't want to dry off only to get cold and wet again but also because he's hiding in the bedroom anyway, as he clearly has no wish to go out in the rain. He's probably still traumatised by his walk at the weekend.

L gets home soon after me, just a little too late to help with the wet lycra removal. She's looking pretty damp herself and very fetching with it. I drag her into the bedroom and pay homage. Resistance is minimal.

I cook 'posh' spam curry and while it's cooking I take out Doggo for a walk, as it's now stopped raining and he has emerged from his hiding place. He really takes the Mickey by supplying three dumps for me to pick up. The second is as huge as the first and he stands by it grinning at me. I wasn’t even convinced the second one was his but it was still warm, I can't see any other dogs, so I suppose it must be his.

After the curry, we indulge in a bit more bleak, Bleak house that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment