Friday 16 November 2007

Nippy Enough To Make A Collie Frisky

It's cold again this morning but not freezing, probably just about nippy enough to make a collie frisky but not much more than that. As usual my legs are cold for about the first mile or so but after that they're fine. My sports drink is probably a bit too cold for the conditions though and makes me wince about when I have a swig from it.

I cycle past several schools on the way and they are all on a dress down day, so I assume today must be Children In Need day. Although Daughter's school had their dress down day last week but I think that's just their way of getting out of giving all the money to the charity.

It's quite a coincidence that in the same week that L has been enjoying swimming with his ghost, Lionel 'Buster' Crabb is back in the news. A Russian former frogman has claimed that he was the man who cut Buster's throat all those years ago. He still doesn't make it any clearer as to whether the body they found was Crabb or not.

I cycle home. L is at the gym, confusing her female imagery. Daughter has apparently bottled out of joining her, citing wet feet as the reason. I don't know, the kids of today, they just don't take advantage of modern technology. A towel, clean dry socks, and a change of shoes and off you go.

I get home and do some packing. The dog show is off, thanks to the Post Office but we've decided to go to the Lakes anyway. Daughter has 'shopping plans' on Saturday, so we don't go as we would have preferred on the Friday but instead we will aim to leave early Saturday morning.

This leaves us with the dilemma of what to do tonight. I don’t want to get too slaughtered if we’re getting up early but I suppose a pint or three wouldn’t hurt. The big worry is what time I need to get L to bed in order to get her up early tomorrow. Whatever time, it'll be a tough job.

The trip to the pub was well worth it. Three Farmers Stout. 4.5%

No comments:

Post a Comment