Wednesday 14 November 2007

Porsche Trouble

I ride in again but it doesn’t go quite as stormin' as yesterday, I think L did me in last night, although she prefers to blame the dog. Well at least I'm in the clear. I must have been tired because I got overtaken again, someone from the Sherwood Cycling Club, which wouldn't normally be of concern but he appeared to be from the Sherwood Cycling Club Over 60's Branch. You see they're all fitter than me.

I have more problems on the way home when some wide boy in a silver Porsche skims past me with millimetres to spare. I know his game he's trying to put a stripe down my pedals with his paintwork. He'd better not, my pedals were expensive, at least £30 and a Christmas present from L. He'd got one of those dyslexic number plates on his car. I think it used to be 'C42 ISP' or something like that but he's rearrange it, moved the screws around and now I think he's trying to tell me his name is 'CHRIS P' but no matter how hard I squint at it, it still looks like it says 'TWAT 1' to me.

I cycle to the pool and do my swim. I have to battle with a chap who's doing lengths totally non-stop and very fast. I have to keep stopping to let him past. I consider moving into the next lane but I recognise the female psycho in that lane doing a similar thing, I've learnt not to mess with her. Then the annoying chap from last week gets in, the one who waits for me to start swimming then comes past me. I'm not in the mood for that sort of game so I get out immediately. I notice non-stop guy gets out soon after me.

L is in the gym and I give her a wave as I leave. She looks very 'fit' on the cross-country skiing machine, or whatever it's called, is that the 'cross trainer'?

L's already suggested that I meet her after yoga and that we go for a pint in the Plough but we probably ought to stay AF, as we didn’t abstain on Sunday. Also I had planned to run Doggo and meet Daughter from Guides at the same time, I also don’t want to doze off during Bleak House. Mind you cycle, swim, run... it’s going to be tough staying awake after all that anyway...

In the end Daughter doesn't go to Guides, so I turn Doggo's run into a walk and to our surprise we end up meeting L from yoga and yes we end up in the Plough. Two Supremes and a Legend, not good for a Wednesday.

Back home, our first film from our new cheaper, pay as you go, DVD club has arrived. It's called Easycinema and is ran by the EasyJet people or rather it's not because everything is stamped Lovefilm. Bugger and I thought we'd dumped them.

We don't risk Bleak House and after some slag (food that is, fish fingers, eggs and beans) we retire to bed, where it's my turn to be lively, so I'm told.

No comments:

Post a Comment