Friday 23 November 2007

Damn Made The Wrong Choice Again

We're out for a meal tonight, so I decide not to bike in order to get home in enough time to exercise Doggo a little. So I get a bit of a lay in this morning. L starts something and I finish it.

Its sods law that because I'm not on my bike the A52 will be more hell than usual. Luckily I catch the travel on the TV before I leave which tells me that a BMW has reshaped the central reservation somewhere between Stapleford and Nottingham. So I avoid the A52 and go through Ilkeston instead, although the radio now said it has all been cleared, shame they hadn’t told the TV people.

Having gone in the car to try and get back in time to exercise the dog, when I get home he seems content to just play in the garden rather than do a run with me. However his enthusiasm soon turns to total apathy, of course this happens only once it's too late to take him out for a run.

L gets home and tells me to put my cold hands down her front to cool her premenstrual chest. You can see why I'm with her. That's the kind of girl I like.

L gets kitted out in skirt and boots, phoarr and we head over to Derby on the bus. There’s a guy on the bus on his mobile and we are transfixed by his conversation. He seems to be arranging a girl for tonight and seemingly another one to come around to his place in the morning. On top of that he’s also on the phone to his Mum arranging his Sunday lunch. Talk about getting your life sorted.

We do Mexican tonight with some friends. The menu is a little dull but then all Mexican’s are, never really any surprises. I have nachos to start which are done quite differently, certainly not out of a packet. Very good. I opt for chilli for main, predictable but I’m starving and this dish is usually huge. The chilli is very good but comes in a pot which takes up most of the plate and hence it’s a small portion. At the other table they are getting huge sizzling fajitas. Damn made the wrong choice again. The chilli though is very good. I'm still hungry, so need a dessert. Unfortunately the cheesecake is minuscule; they must have had a special knife to cut it that thin. In the end, a good meal, nothing out of the ordinary and not enough of it but that’s just me being a greedy pig! All washed down with two bottles of Rioja Tinto, which was very good. That’s two bottles just between L and me. One is just never enough but two is sometimes a bit excessive. Our friends, who are not big drinkers, have a bottle of white between them, which is an event in itself. They even come on the bus, so that they can go wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment