Monday 26 November 2007

It Was Fun But Not Very

It took 55 minutes to get to work in the car today, no quicker than by bike and whole lot less fun.

The big news is of course that Billy Davies has parted company with Derby. His departure seems to have less to do with the football side, although obviously that hasn't been very good, and more to do with the fact that the new chairman, Adam Pearson, had had enough of his whinging. He's lucky he's only been here four weeks the rest of us have been listening to it for eighteen months.

I didn't hear it, but the final straw seems to have been the post-match interview that Billy gave on Saturday, when he badmouthed the chairman about the lack of investment after Saturdays game. After which a showdown was inevitable. When they met this morning, I imagine Billy said something like 'Give me £40M to spend on players or I'm off'. Then after Adam Pearson had finished laughing he would have said 'Close the door on your way out'.



So see you then Billy, it was fun but not very. As they say, the only way is up or in this case down and then up again.

Daughter supplies some excellent gossip via L, who she's sworn to strict secrecy in case I 'bloody well blog it' but she tells me anyway. Mothers eh? You just can't trust them.

Well I daren't blog it anyway because if I did Daughter will exact revenge on me, I think she's still mulling over the horse's head idea in her mind. Instead I'm thinking of starting a 'secret' blog on the side for such gems. L's already given me a name for it 'A blog on the dark side'. I like that.

Dog class and it's a fairly easy Grade 4 type course tonight that Doggo has no problems with. So it's a good evening in that respect. We collect L from yoga and head home, where L does a rather spicy chilli.

No comments:

Post a Comment