Friday 14 September 2007

'Morning' Person

I scrape myself out of bed for my third cycle of the week which is good. What's not so good is that I have to restrain myself as regards jumping L. Her chest is calling to me in now uncertain terms by doing its monthly swelling up trick. Although L doesn't seem to approve of its wayward behaviour, I think it's a very clever ploy of natures. It's clearly trying to pull the men and it certainly works a treat on me. Unfortunately I don't have the time to give it the attention it so clearly deserves and cycle to work as well. Somehow I think I've made the wrong call but there's always tonight and the now traditional Friday night lycra removal.

Apparently a broken down lorry has blocked the A52 and consequently the traffic on my route is even more horrendous than earlier in the week, as presumably people divert to avoid it. Huge lorries everywhere. I spend loads of time on the pavements again.

L's emails continue the theme of the week 'Good Morning - most definitely not' (Tuesday), 'Good Morning - I suppose' (Wednesday) and
'Good Morning - sort of' (today). You perhaps get the gist that she's not really a morning person. Well at least she's managing the greeting even if she has to quantify it. Perhaps if I'd done the deed this morning, I might have got a different subject on the email.

I don't think her hangover is helping her mood. I feel fine but then I didn't have Leffe. Its dangerous stuff that Leffe. Mind you, I think cycling cures all excesses. The worry of death takes your mind of virtually everything else.

I cycle home via my Kegworth route and curse myself for not noting down the Sutton Bonington Duathlon route so that I could have checked it out. Get home and L has readied some muffins with cheese and sausage on top. That sets me up nicely for some lycra stripping and indulging in what I missed out on this morning.

We contemplate running to the Victoria but in the end we walk. I have only three pints, which is good, a stout and two Lees Bitters.

My good friends at Leeds United win their sixth game in a row and move into positive points for the first time. They even temporarily move out of the relegation zone. Amusingly they put those other good friends of mine Forest in it instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment