Monday 24 September 2007

Hapless Journalism

In the car today, so a fairly leisurely start to the day and time for a swift one before I get up.

It soon gets stressful in the car though. The travel bulletin on local radio reports that there's a car broken down on the A52 and that the queues are back as far as Spondon. I should have been suspicious at that point because the queues are usually back as far as Spondon on a good day. The bulletin is of little use anyway because without knowing exactly where the hold-up was, it's difficult to know how best to take evasive action.

Radio Derby despatch a reporter to the scene and ten minutes later he says live on air that he is on the bridge over the A52 and the traffic is moving freely so the broken down car must have been moved. This is at precisely the same moment that I grind to a halt in a queue just past the M1 junction, six miles out of Derby.

Five minutes later a correction is issued, the chap is now standing in the right place, he can see the broken down car and tells us that the queue is now back to the motorway. Yes, I know, thanks for that. Hapless journalism. Late to work.

In the evening, Doggo has his fourth agility day in a row. I know he needs a break but unfortunately it's paid for in advance and it's expensive, so we're going. He does very well although he does look understandably tired after his weekend. Right at the end of the session, he stops half way through the weaves and looks at me. As if saying 'do I have to?'.

We meet L out of yoga, to save her the perils of the drunks on Radford Road. This is her second activity of the evening; she and Daughter have already done circuits at Harvey Hadden gym. She'll soon be fitter than me, I best get that bike out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment