Thursday 27 September 2007

Fruity, Dodgy, And Not Terribly Nice

Another novelty today. I'm back on the bus. The old legs are a bit tired as I amble to the bus stop. Perhaps I overdid it a bit with my 'brick wall' session yesterday. The Red Arrow is packed; perhaps everyone else is as fed up with the traffic as I am. Regrettably no juicy Tarantino style gossip to report.

I had an email from Wiggle last night saying my cycling tights were on their way. They arrive by 9am as usual. They look very sexy in their packet but probably won’t look quite so good on me. L says to let her be the judge of that. Not sure they'll be much use in pulling L; they look that tight fitting it will take a good half-an-hour to get out of them or a penknife.

L's feeling smug because she's been for a lunchtime swim. I was right; she is trying to out do me.

Squash tonight. My opponent says he's tired, overweight, unfit, and has ordered his invalid badge but he's looking forward to it. His enthusiasm is so inspiring. Not sure if we get a price reduction with a disabled pass or not. Perhaps I'll ask. Well at least his black eye from our last game has faded. He says he intends to get his retaliation in first this week and has been sharpening the edges of his racquet. That will probably worry the walls of the court more than me.

L runs with Doggo on park. They're both a bit shaken up after he gets attacked by a bulldog. He's not having a terribly good week.

I play really well at squash but still lose the first five games! Although they’re all close. He seems to raise his game this week. I lose 6-1 in the end. Back to the drawing board.

In the pub I have a beer by one of my favourite breweries, Cottage. It has a picture of a rough looking girlie on the pump clip and is called Breast Bitter. It's fruity, dodgy, and not terribly nice. I wonder if this is deliberate. I have one and a half. The extra half because my opponent donated half of his to me.

L does an excellent Salmon Curry; she's a top cook at the moment. Then we take a glass of red wine to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment