Tuesday 21 August 2007

Un-good

It’s good to be back on the bike today, although I do try and take it slightly easy because I’ve forgotten to get some new brake blocks. The weather though is starting to get quite nippy. Although L has been saying this for a while, well actually she always says it but at the moment I’m inclined to agree with her.

First email from her is entitled ‘Un-good morning’ which is possibly a small step in the right direction but then when I read the email I realise that perhaps I’m being a bit hasty. She’s has an eventful, albeit frustrating morning. After a few weeks of being able to get on the park in the mornings she found it locked this morning. The original prison warden seems to be back again. Going round the long way made her late, so Son didn’t get his alarm call for his paper round. Mind you he ought to be able to get himself up, he does after all have about four working alarm clocks in his room.

Things didn’t get any better, her new bike basket means that she can no longer activate her brakes so she ended up walking to work and therefore not swimming. She could have ‘wing and a prayered’ without brakes, after all I made it to Derby without any.

When I don’t get any further emails from her, I wonder if she’s topped herself. She confirms she hasn’t but appears to be contemplating eating herself to death. Odd concept, must be a girl thing.

I bike home, straight to the pool. There are a couple of teenagers in the centre asking if they have a cigarette machine. I am relieved to hear that they don’t but you can never be too sure with the council.

The pool is very quiet, which is unusual for a Tuesday. Everybody must be in the gym because they were saying that it was full, apparently it only holds 20 people.

I share a lane briefly with a girl in a bikini and one of those huge, silly, hieroglyphic tattoos on her back. It’ll take more than that to intimidate me love. She soon gets out. I do thirty or so lengths and then get out myself. Just as I’m stripping my Speedos off, L texts me. Apparently she’s just arrived and is getting changed, ready to go in. I slip back into my wet trunks and go say hi. She’s still very much alive and looks very striking in her yellow swimsuit. I’m glad it’s yellow tonight; it’s my favourite of her swim suits. It was well worth getting back into wet trunks for.

I bike home to find that Daughter is out, gone to the cinema apparently. I go out in the garden with Doggo. He’s a bit surprised and a bit miffed when I set the agility jumps up but we need to practice. He’s annoyingly paw perfect. I think he knows he’s on trial or more probably he knows I’ll make him do it again if he messes up. I’m sure he won’t be so perfect in our next event at the weekend.

After that we head to the park for a spot of football but when we get there it is locked. It’s only 7.40. The curse of the morning seems to have struck the evening too. Last week they locked it at 8.30, this week it’s 7.30. Bizarre. Infuriating. Un-good. We manage to get in by squeezing through the gate because they never lock it properly.

For saying that even the main gate will close at 8.00, it’s pretty busy on the park and when the attendant tries to lock up, he has to go round dozens of people trying to get them to leave. He doesn’t have much success. In fact he can’t find the owner of one of the cars and by the time he does its gone 8.30. So it makes you wonder why they try and bother to lock it earlier. Doggo and I, like most of the others go out through the golf course which they cannot lock. Other people are still coming in through that way. We head down the road to meet L who is on the way back from the gym.

L cooks up some Hake for tea, which is fish by the way and very nice, while I fetch Daughter from the cinema. L says that for fetching Daughter L says she will go on top again tonight. Again. That’s two nights in a row, she must be feeling fitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment