Wednesday 15 August 2007

Cheeseboards

Back today from a short, three nights break in Norfolk. Very pleasant it was too. Doggo loved the walks along the beach and the dips in the sea. We preferred the walk along the cliff tops because Doggo repeatedly ran down the cliffs to the sea and back. Consequently he was therefore wrecked most evenings. He looked progressively worse as the days went by. So much so it was a good job we came home today, for his own good.

The food and drink on our hols was good too. Both our local pubs were a little posh but they both let Doggo in and unlike in Durham, we got local beer every night. Woodforde's, Humpty Dumpty, and Wolf. We even discovered an excellent bottle of white wine, yes white wine. French though, not local. The food was excellent, I had loads of fish and a decent steak on the last night. We also got local cheese, in abundance. The first two nights I couldn't sleep on my front due to a rounded stomach because the cheeseboards were so superb. One was that big it fed Doggo and me dessert and then fed both of us at breakfast too. Although I must admit, on the second night it was the cheesecake that did for me.

Lie-ins were long, until at least 11am, and we had some great storms while we were in the tent but inconveniently not at the right passionate moments. The campsite even had shared showers, with lots of room in them, but we didn't do them justice. We're getting old you know.

Got home in time to do a gym and swim session. I did 2K on treadmill, which was more than enough. Then I did 2k on the rowing machine, which was much more fun. I can almost feel a new sporting challenge coming on. Mind you, my arms and stomach ached that much afterwards that I struggled to swim.

I cook up a curry whilst I listen to Derby on the radio, as they lose 1-0 to Manchester City. They have started playing some brilliant football, which makes them unrecognisable from the dour team of last season. Unfortunately if Billy doesn’t put a stop to it soon they’ll be lucky to have even 10 points by the end of the season.

As for good old Leeds, I'm very disappointed. Two wins out of two is not what their public wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment