Saturday 11 August 2007

It’s Good To Have It Back

I must have tried fairly hard last night because it’s gone 9.00 before I awake. It’s going to be a busy day and although I’ve probably already had a refund for the yoghurt's, I still slip into my gorgeous girl next to me. No harm being in credit is there.

When we eventually get up, we drive over to Newark to pick up the keys to my property investment. We have quick look around the house and then head back to Nottingham to rescue L’s bike. The lock won’t budge and we have to resort to the hack saw. Amazingly no one questions us sawing a bike free from its parking place. Once we’ve freed the bike, L says she owes me. Wa-hey, more payment in kind. She bikes home while I head off to the match.

I’m looking forward to the new season. Not really for the football, more for the fantasy league. It’s good to have it back. Then of course there’s Leeds, who’ve lost their appeal over their fifteen point penalty. It was never going to happen once the league said they’d let the clubs decide. Suppose some Championship clubs would have voted for them but no one else. No one in League 1 is going to vote to give another club points and the League 2 clubs will all be hoping Leeds come down.

Derby actually put in a storming performance against Portsmouth and are unlucky not to win. It finishes 2-2. Most of the new signings play well. Perhaps we won’t finish bottom after all.

In the evening we share a bottle of Chilean Merlot at the Willougby.

Tomorrow we’re off away for a few days. Yes again. So no blog until later next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment