Thursday 9 August 2007

A Glorious Victory

As I get up and shower I recall another tip from yesterday’s paper which was to soap yourself the way your lover would. Hmmm always do.

I take the bus in again and read that you can now get t-shirts that summarise the entire plot of the last Harry Potter book, so that you can annoy people who haven’t read it yet. Only problem is everyone has read it except me.

L’s at the pool having more fun than I am on the bus. She’s been sharing a lane with a girl in a string bikini. Typical, I’ve never been lucky enough to get a string clad girl get in a lane with me. Something to look forward to I suppose. L reports that she overtook her in the end. Which is a good job; we can’t have upstarts like that taking over the lanes. Apparently the girl was doing breast stroke. I remember the old days, I have fond memories of the days when breaststroke was good enough. Mind you, it’s always nice to see a girl doing breaststroke, very aesthetically pleasing.

Did the pub at lunch. Corned Beef hash and a rather nice stout. Bad news though, the chef is house hunting in Yorkshire, so our cottage pie sessions may end. Assume they won’t commute down from Yorkshire just to do cottage pie for us.

I’m feeling much better today. Not that L believes me. She’s worried that I’m not well enough to run tomorrow. Not that she would let me back out. If I could get a refund, then I might cry off, but doubt they’d allow that.

All quiet in France. Assume Daughter must be out of credit and/or power.

In the evening it’s squash. I’ve been getting a bit fed up with my opponent because he can seemingly land the ball on the join between wall and floor at will, kill the ball, and win the point. I've been tempted to submit designs for a whole new court. Perhaps this is how I could make my million. I could design a totally round court, therefore no corners. It would ruin his game plan and lead to ten minute rallies. This would benefit me because he’d be knackered, or, as he puts it, dead. His partner is always telling him that he shouldn't try so hard to beat me that he has a heart attack. She has a point. It would take a little of the gloss off my victory if he was hospitalised part way through it. I'd still take the victory though, only because I figure he would do the same if rolls were reversed.

Tonight though, there is no need, squash goes well or at least it goes badly for him. I win the first two games easily and then win a close third to win our best of five game 3-0. A glorious victory. He improves after that and wins the other four games. Although the last one goes to 17-15. Pint of Silly Mid Whippet in the pub, from one of my favourite breweries Cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment