Sunday 1 July 2007

Medieval Leg Press

I consider getting up for the CTC bike ride but at 6.30 it's raining heavy. Although by 9am it's sunny. Too late now though. L looks a bit rough this morning but she still lets me test the strength of her hangover.

We all go off to the Gym. That's Daughter, L, Me and Doggo. I do a warm up on the treadmill which seems to misread my distance. When I've finished and it's reduced me to a sweaty wreck, it says I've only done 1km. Despite the fact it keeps flashing up my time for the previous kms. Must be programmed by the same people who put the mile markers out for Tuesdays 10k. Then I look for a device to build my legs up in readiness for the Hathersage Tri. I try to lift legs weights but my knees feel like they are going to pop out of their joints. So I move on to some medieval torture device called a leg press. It's evil but seems to the trick.

Then I go for a swim. It's quiet but there are four women split over the two lanes. As soon as I arrive, one of the two in my lane got out and the other moved lanes. Then by the time I've done my first two lengths the rest of them get out too. Feel very pleased with my self. So it's just me now and lots of kids swinging on the lane ropes. The attendants just smile at them, now if they'd be swimming the wrong way on the one-way system they'd have been given a right bollocking.

Doggo sits patiently in the car. Eventually he gets his reward and we take him on Colwick Park. We figure it's best to drive him somewhere so that he doesn't get chance to pull on the lead. He rolls in some really foul stuff, duck poo I think, which I have to try and wash off him when we get home but he hides in a corner to make it as difficult as possible.

We offer Daughter a belated birthday night out but she doesn't seem keen so, I cook and we stay in with Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth, instead.

Alcohol Units = 29. Not too bad

Bike units = 490km. That's the most I've ever done in a month by some distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment