Wednesday 18 July 2007

Keeping My Mind On The Job

7.10am. L texts to say she’s already up and out on the park for a roll. Blimey she’s on the ball. She’d have had plenty of time to have climbed on top of me before they hit the park, had I been there of course but I’m not. I’m all alone in my huge bed. Oops I’m not supposed to be thinking about the S word. She's already told me to enjoy my meeting but to keep my mind off sex. She’s referring to the fact that everyone supposedly thinks about sex during meetings.

She asks if she can reserve a slot for tonight. Of course. What a silly question, L knows full well I'd never turn down a request like that. Sounds like she might have missed me. I’m certainly gagging for her. She reminds me to keep my mind on my job.

Amazingly I have no hangover and fully enjoy my full English breakfast, unhealthy though it is.

As it turns out, keep my mind on the meeting isn't easy. We do a tour of the company looking into their whole business process and almost every task is staffed by young girls. Well you do just have to wonder whether each one would be a goer or a prude, dominant or submissive, a quiet one or a screamer etc. Can't wait to get home to L.

Shares in Microsoft will fall when we get our system in here as everything is currently done with Excel spreadsheets. Hundreds of them. All in all, a useful day and I even managed occasionally to keep my mind on the meeting. Wonder if the receptionist...

Arrive back and after a kick around with Doggo, I go for a swim. I take Doggo with me of course. It's a bit warm for him in the car but I find a nice bit of shade for him. There's the usual crowd in the pool. Psycho Girl No. 1 doing her quick bursts of two lengths front crawl. Psycho Girl No. 2 doing length after length perfect breaststroke, far quicker than me. Psycho Male just simply doing everything better and faster than me. In the middle of this is the Iceberg (good to have her back...) obstructing her lane and a chap tootling up and down in mine.

After that its dog class which goes ok but Doggo is just so slow tonight. Perhaps I overdid the kick around.

Then when I get home I'm faced with that big dilemma that all households must be familiar with at this time of year. The big question - Tour De France or sex?

It's 10.30 and I look at L, will she still be awake in an hours time after the highlights or is it best to strike now whilst the iron's hot, so to speak. In the end we have a glass or two of white wine and watch the highlights. Then we go to bed. She must have missed me because she seems to have no qualms about breaking her watershed.

No comments:

Post a Comment