Thursday 15 March 2007

Strong Wills

Wimp out of my planned morning run. Enjoy some pain free sex instead.

Cheered myself up by sending yet another stroppy email to the manager of Wollaton Park about the opening times and the fact that I had to rescue people last night. L says the park was packed this morning even though it wasn't open.

Apparently L's been inspired by Ryan Giggs who she's heard on the radio discussing how he copes with chocolate and alcohol. She says he's terribly strong willed, which is why he is a professional athlete and she's not. I don't think he can be all that strong willed if he still partakes of chocolate and alcohol.

She says that if she had been stronger willed she would have leapt out of bed this morning as soon as the alarm went off, as she'd promised herself she would do. I would have been very impressed with her inner strength if she had, considering what I was doing at the time.

Had a Horny Little Devil at lunch. Which is a 4.0% ale from The Houston Brewery in Scotland. I was good and didn't opt for the 8.6% Durham Ale as I didn't think that would be beneficial for my squash. Also had corned beef hash. We're on a promise for cottage pie next week.

The Blonde Business Analyst on my project gets in touch demanding more documentation and generally worrying about project deadlines. She obviously still hasn't found anything to do with all that spare time she has on her hands. For Gods sake girl, you need to find something better do with your time. Get out more, get drunk, have wild sex. Either that or go train for a Duathlon.

L is working late so Doggo is on his own. Well he's with the kids but it's almost the same thing. So I take him to squash with me. He has to sit in the car but he can come to the pub with us afterwards.

I lose the first two games of squash 15-4 15-4. So not good. My legs won't move, think I've been training for the wrong event. The ease of his victories unsettles my opponent and he loses his concentration. This inspires me to come roaring back. I get my legs moving and win the third game 15-8. I should also have won the fourth but run out of steam going down 15-12 in the end. Nothing left in the tank and I go 7-0 down in the fifth but have a bit of a recovery so when someone hammers on the door to indicate time up I was only 11-8 down. So technically I only lost 3-1.

Damson Porter 4.5. Then home. L cooks up another wonder meal. We have a glass of nice red wine and then a glass of awful freebee Ocado red wine. I take the taste away with a glass of port.

No comments:

Post a Comment